Product Support and Customer Service
For Further support visit our Contact Page
Think and act in a safe manner. Always disconnect power and use a lockout before you work on the E-coat system, or any of the related subsystems. Observe any confined space conditions. Use the appropriate safety equipment and clothing for the task. Please carefully read all the instructions listed below to familiarize yourself with the project before attempting to perform any of the work.
In some cases, it may become necessary to reduce the load caused by the mass of the Anode. This is accomplished by the use of a stainless steel support rod. Once it is in place, the downward force caused by the mass of the Anode will be transferred to the PVC Neck of the Membrane Shell.
- Turn off the DC rectifier and follow your lockout/tagout procedures.
- Grasp the Cable Lead (take care if a diode is mounted to the Tab not to damage it) and pull up about 25 mm (1 in).
- Slip one end of the Support Rod through the lower hole in the Anode Tab.
- The Hanger should rotate slightly until the mass of the Anode has settled in the V groove formed in the Hanger.
- Make sure the Anolyte Supply Tubing is not kinked or twisted and the flow of anolyte is not restricted.
- Make sure the edges of the Hanger are more than 20 mm (3/4 in) away from any grounded portion of the E-coat tank or structure.